[OM] Got my shipment for Jaap

Subject: [OM] Got my shipment for Jaap
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:39:20 -0500
I thought everyone would be interested to know that I got my shipment from
Jaap.  Everything was in excellent condition, probably better than his
ratings.  I received:

35/2.8 - this is a nice lens. The only 35 I had was the /2 and it's big.  I
like this one

65-200/4 - I've been wanting this lens and it's everything I'd hoped. I'll
try it at a soccer game tonight and see how the pictures are.

250 back - this was a silly purchase, but his price was good and it's a nice
addition to the collection.  Doesn't include the cartridges, so if it's to
be more than a 'museam piece' I need to find some.

Motor Drive 1 - this is LNIB.  Doesn't include a power unit, but my MD2 came
with a spare Nicad pack and charger, so now I have a complete MD1 with
nicads.  Great for the price. I like the MD2, but the MD1 does everything I
need. I'm not stuck on power rewind.

Medium brown case - this is the Olympus case.  Kind of 'retro'.  Won't use
it as a case, just as a backdrop to the cameras.  Cheap...

I guess that's it.  It took 3 weeks from shipping to arrival.  No duties
charged, although I'll be sure to contact customs and volunteer to pay
whatever was appropriate (right after I stop in at the IRS to make a
voluntary additional contribution...for my country).

My only suggestion to Jaap was to find a way to simplify payment.  Wire
transfers are difficult and expensive.

Off to play with my toys.

Tom