Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 00:12:03 +0000
after inserting the film leader in the take up spool, fire the shutter
then wind on a frame so the leader wraps around the spool and is then
overlapped by film.  Then position the sprocket holes of the film on the
film advance cogs, take up the slack with the rewind lever 'then' close
the back and shoot two blank shots and check the rotation of the
folded rewind lever.

I never try and squeeze an extra shot at the beginning of a roll prior to
the counter registering frame 1.  I have previously had otherwise good
shots ruined because they were too close to the leader and suffered
partial wipe out.

Giles