Re: [OM] Om-2s, om-4...

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-2s, om-4...
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:01:24 PDT
Well, Francois, now that you mention it, I do see an awful lot of posts concerning problems with the OM-4 line in particular, and the OM-2s to a lesser extent.

While it would be very useful to have TTL spotmetering (I use the fat spotmetering mode of my Canon T70s about half the time), I'm a bit wary of those models after what I've been reading.

It's possible, of course, that the problems I've heard aren't representative of the majority of OM-4 and OM-2s bodies out there. But it would be reassuring to know before plunking down the money.

OTOH, I'm perfectly content with my OM-1 so this is also idle curiosity for now.
---
Lex
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com

From: "Francois Corriveau" <francoiscorriveau@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, that was supposed to be for John H., but well, I guess everyone can
give me their opinion!
My local
repair shop
told me to stay away from om-2s, om-4(t,ti) because they will break more
often than om-2(n) and om-1(n).  What do you think?