Sv: [OM] eBay 400mm F6.3

Subject: Sv: [OM] eBay 400mm F6.3
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:02:54 +0200
A Danish guy, whom I sold some Oly equipment recently, bid 999 $ for this
lens (I recognized his e-mailaddress, I don't know if he bid higher than
that amount). I was amazed that he bid this high. I tried to sell a 400 mm
some months ago here in Denmark. It was not mint and not an MC model, but
at 300 $ I expected some interest. I finally sold it to another guy I know
for less than 300 $, because there was no response. The list price here for
a new one is something like 2700 $ (ridiculous)! Anyway, even with this
price, I made a little profit by selling it.
But I regret it, I ought to have kept this lens.

I guess I'd better start finding out how to sell things thru ebay and not
just buying. For certain items, like the 400 mm, there seems to be quite a
difference between the interest here and the international interest. But of
course, you guys on the list get the chance to buy before anything goes on
ebay. (At the moment, I have nothing of interest).

Lars