Re: [OM] flourescent/daylight mix

Subject: Re: [OM] flourescent/daylight mix
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:01:20 GMT
Pillsbury and General Mills both offer special filters for that annoying flour - bleached white, unbleached white, whole wheat, graham and rye; others available upon request.

(BBB apparently has agriculture permanently on his mind.  ;))

Combined with Fuji Superia Reala, or Superia 100, 200 or 400 (all of which now have the fourth emulsion layer than makes Reala a good choice for tricky lighting, whether flourescent or fluorescent).

An additional trick is to combine filters on lens and flash, if you choose to use supplemental lighting. Chances are, tho', if the windows are as large as you've described, the Fuji film alone should do the trick.

The prints can be biased toward neutral where artificial light predominates, which will result in a slightly warmish light where the window light predominates. Shoot between late morning to early afternoon for most neutral daylight - that should make it easier for the lab to strike a compromise balance.

Lex "Doughboy" Jenkins