Re: [OM] Smitten...(kinda long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Smitten...(kinda long)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:59:14 +0200
: Another big plus is the Tamron is
: much smaller and, presumably, lighter...

Skip the presumably. The Tamron weighs 'only' 2200g., vs. the 3900g. of the
Zuiko. This means that it's still quite possible to have the Tamron
hand-held; with the Zuiko you need a monopod unless you're a weightlifter.
Yet another plus of the Tamron is that it accepts 43mm filters of normal
thickness, available in all sorts from B+W for instance.

: but I do not know if has the
: same wonderful ergonomics nor is it likely to have quite the same build
: quality. However now that I have found my mate and have become "smitten"
: will I ever be 100% happy with a Tamron SP 300/2.8?

The Tamron is built like a tank. It isn't exactly an amateur lens.

: first rate lens capable of producing stunning images. Are there any
: tests out there like Gary's (rather that photo-do or whatever it's
: called) on the Tamron 300/2.8?

http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/ratings.htm

Trust me, you'll have no regrets.

hnz