Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1904 OT!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1904 OT!
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 19:23:48 +0200
Gregg

I just know that Gary would like me to answer... ;-) A turbine-driven propellor or turboprop has its power measured in shaft horsepower (shp), which I presume is the turning moment, rather than the thrust with a given prop fixed. However, it does produce at least some thrust as well as the energy through the prop.

Chris

Gary,

Then what about a turbo prop? It produces both, so how would its work-producing potential be categorized?

Gregg

--
<|_:-)_|>

Chris Barker