Re: [OM][OT] Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:24:38 -0700
Mark Dapoz wrote:
First, and most important, my comments were not meant as a personal
attack on James.

Mark,
    I am posting this with at least one more digest to read, but I did
read your original post as something of a personal attack, I am glad you
have clarified your original intent.  However I agree with Tom Scales,
Mike Veglia and the rest who feel the loss of of deals offered to the
List.  I am not a big buyer, but when I am looking, I look to the List
first.  Some of my best deals (not steals) have been from List members.
    I was a new List member a year or so back when a List member would
post in on every request for an item with: "I have one of those for sale
right now on my web site"  It became very tedious.  There was much
discussion about who should and should not be allowed to put items for
sale then and at least once since.  Each time the consensus has been
fairly clear to me that as long as it was not a constant barrage.
Individuals with items for sale are encouraged to offer to the List
first, at a price up front, No auctions et.  It is a shame that we as a
group have sent some of our own away with treasures to the risks /
rewards of eBay and the like.

    The main point of my post is that I want to be counted as supporting
my fellow Zuikoholics who are willing to offer their goodies to the List
first.  I hope that James, Tom, Garys? and anyone else with the right
deal at the right time will continue / once again offer to the List
first.

Sorry if this ends up as, too little too late, but I am reading as fast
as I can.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California