Re: [OM] Please don't fragment the list!!!! Was: "For Sale" mailing lis

From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:29:24 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:59:59 -0400, Alan Barrow wrote:

>Please do not split the list!!!! (yes, that is what you are doing if you
>post FS's elsewhere)

Amen, Brother!

Or...if we ARE going to fragment the list, perhaps we'll need a
separate list for ZLR posts, to avoid offending SLR users. OM-10
users will need their own list, so as not to tie the list up with
consumer camera concerns, and frankly, I think there should be an OM
autoexposure list and a OM fully manual list. It goes without saying
that zoom lens and non-zoom lens discussions should be on separate
lists, and frankly, I'm not too keen on having to share bandwidth
with SC users when I want to ask a MC question. Since the OM-3Ti is
such an esoteric beast, we should maybe let it have its own list,
too.

One thing's for sure, too - all those repair questions need their own
list, and we sure ought to be suspicious of anyone, like John H, who
is profiteering from the repair and maintenance of our beloved OMs.
And all those foreigners!! Better have a separate list for them.

After all, why would we want to keep all the Olypus related posts in
one place where Olympus users and collectors could easily stay in
touch with each other, share information, track the current market
value of our gear, find and trade gear, and build a virtual
community? Sheesh - that would be WAY too convenient and easy.

BB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com