Re: [OM] To sell or not to sell?

Subject: Re: [OM] To sell or not to sell?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:23:04 -0700
On 11 Nov 2000, at 10:11, William Sommerwerck wrote:

> I'd return the MO to the buyer, along with a photo of the smashed lens
> and your smashed face. Any reasonable (?) person would understand.

If the buyer is a Zuikoholic, she/he is NOT going to be all that
understanding.  After all, she/he will have already spent many a night
dreaming about caressing and using the lens, and will have already
prepared a "sacred place" for the lens in his/her camera bag.  She/he
may have already told others of the lens' impending arrival, and his/her
anticipation levels will already be at a fevered level.

Therefore, when the lens does not arrive, the final "gestalt" of the
addictive phenomenon will have been broken, thereby causing great
emotional and psychological suffering.

That's the long explanation.  The short explanation is only two words
long... "OLYMPUS INTERRUPTUS."  That's NOT a pretty sight to
behold!  <Grin!>

Honor your commitment.  It's the only honorable thiing to do.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)