Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Open Letter to Olympus
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:40:00 EST
I think we all buy used gear because there isn't that much available new. And
what's new isn't "new" (as in- just released by the manufacturer). So, for
the most part, what IS available new is also available on the used market for
far less cost. Sure, we're 500 or so enthusiasts. That's nothing. And as long
as the gear is out there used, it satisfies even us diehard OM users. As
others have said, I'd shudder to think what the accessories and lenses would
cost if produced today...As a manufacturer, we all have said that Contax may
be the closest to Olympus in size, performance, quality, etc, and look at
what Contax stuff costs...   Olympus sees its (and maybe everyone's) future
as digital, plain and simple.

George S.