Re: [OM] Digital Back for Zuikos/ film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Back for Zuikos/ film death watch
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:11:48 EST
True enough for the Olympus line, but the Contax digital which will be
shipping soon has a sensor that gives 24 X 36 coverage...

George S.

skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< This is the old Silicon Film vaporware product that keeps resurfacing to
attract more venture capital  Many of us doubt it really exists and is
practical.  I've seen it in various incarnations for 3 years.

 Long ago I gave up on a digital back for my OM system.  It just isn't going
to happen!  There's no business rationale for anyone to sink the money into
the tooling necessary.  Even the OM lens mounts are already dead except for
the Tamron MF lens line (whose days are numbered).