Re: [OM] second body

Subject: Re: [OM] second body
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:02:10 -0700

On 17 Jan 2001, at 1:29, John A. Lind wrote:

> *First*, at 17:17 1/16/01, Chris O'Neill gave this advice to Richard
> Keefer:

> > 'Nuther OM-1N/MD. Uuhhh.....  no!  An OM-2N/MD.  Uuhhh.....  no!
> > Your best bet is an OM-4....  No, make that a 4-Ti!  Uuhhh..... Oh,
> > hell! Buy 'em all!!!   :-)

*Then* at 21:31 1/16/01, less than four hours later, Chris O'Neill asks:

> > So, here's today's big question...  Would YOU do this deal,
> > assuming (of course!) that the black OM-2 looks and works as
> > good as store-guy says???

> Oh, hell!  Buy it!!!  :-) But don't trade your chrome OM-2 for it
> either!!!  :-))
>
> Sorry, couldn't help observing all that.

'Nuthin' like having yer words thrown back in yer face!  :-)))

> Could be the guy knows you are drooling for a black body OM-2 and is
> trying to give you "first right of refusal" for your help . . . not that
> he wouldn't legitimately make at least something out of it as a dealer.

Yup on both counts.  I've helped them by providing Oly/Zuiko info on a
number of occassions, so they always call me first before putting it on
the shelf for the unwashed.  :-)  And, they'll make money on it whether
we do the trade or not.  While I *do* get very good pricing there, I'm sure
that I *don't* get it at cost.  The guy's fully-loaded caddie is too new for
them to be giving stuff away.  :-)

> But, you and I know what will really happen . . . You'll take it to try
> it out keeping the chrome body you already have pending decision.  You
> won't be able to resist it . . . it will draw you in as an orb-weaver
> spider to the center of the web.  Then you'll end up buying it outright
> and keeping both.

It's trying to draw me in already, John.  I can hear it sitting in that drawer
(they put it away for me) all the way across town...  "Save me, Chris!
DON'T let some unwashed HEATHEN buy me!" it's saying in a low,
plaintive tone.  Alas, as a ZuikoHOBBIEST and President of Zuikoholics
Anonymous, I'm able to resist, but only barely.

I *will* go down and visit it, though.  Some gentle caressing and soft,
soothing words should calm its fears somewhat before it goes out in the
display case.  It's the LEAST I can do!  :-)))

Will report back later on what it's like and what they want for it.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)