Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:36:48 +0000
At 05:11 1/18/01, Garth Wood wrote:
Yeah, I debated whether or not to put a "robots.txt" file on the Gallery when I first put it up, and decided against it -- I wanted the Gallery to be found in search engines.

Just not like this.  :-/

Garth

I have not used one either and have no way of testing the efficacy of one. It's my understanding that one can list what the spiders can and cannot crawl through by directory and sub-directory. Not certain that it can still keep from linking to just a jpeg if all the jpegs are moved (along with everything else to be protected from it) into their own directory listed in the robots.txt file.

-- John