[OM] Re: Put your OM talent to use

Subject: [OM] Re: Put your OM talent to use
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:08:09
Ditto, Mike. As you've noted, the right equipment (mat cutters, etc.) and supplies (mats, framing, etc.) can be quite expensive. In the long run it "saves" money, but only if we make enough sales to offset the initial investment.

OTOH, custom framing by a pro can be very expensive too. I had one of my ex-wife's watercolor-collage creations double- or triple-matted and framed, for a total cost of over $300. Anything less wouldn't have done justice to the piece.

The next best alternative is the art show approach - offer the pieces shrink-wrapped with a stiff backing, like posters in bins are sold at crafts and department stores. Let buyers do their own framing.
===
Lex
===