Re: [OM] pinhole body cap

Subject: Re: [OM] pinhole body cap
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:42:03 +1100
One of the reasons that 'ground down dimple' holes seem to work best, I
believe, is because a sharp edge to the hole improves the image (reduces
diffusion or diffraction - I can never remember). Thus, a hole in thin
material with no burr is better than a drilled or laser cut hole in thicker
material, although precise hole size is difficult.
Pinhole should be making a comeback, now that we can simply scan and
reverse a paper negative.
Andrew