Re: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint

Subject: Re: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:48:39 +0000
At 14:23 5/15/01, Tom Scales wrote:
That's the problem. I don't know.  How do you tell for sure?
Tom

> Is yours the "real" MC?
> Bruce Kolber
> St. Petersburg, FL  33715
> USA
> From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > I have one that is 1,052,xxx which would really narrow the gap (binary
> > searches, don't you know), but I don't know what I am looking for.
> >
> > Tom

You have to hold them side by side. I have one of each. The difference between the coating reflections is very evident. Did some tests with them. Not the Gary Reese definitive type, but shooting the same subject material under normal conditions (for me) and switching between three different 50/1.4's using Kodachrome 64. Projected the slides onto a 50" white matte screen using a Schneider-Kreuznach lens in the projector. Either I've been very lucky with my 50/1.4's, or there is little appreciable difference in normal use.

-- John