[OM] Macro Shots with Tamron 90/2.8

Subject: [OM] Macro Shots with Tamron 90/2.8
From: Chris Barker <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 18:26:33 +0100
Dear All

It is has taken me all afternoon, but I have at last worked out this ftp business, well at least enough to get some more photos onto my own website.

http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/garden_flowers_185.html

A propos the recent discussion of macro stuff, these photos were taken in the garden a few weeks ago. This was instead of actually working in the garden (which I had to do today to be allowed time off in the cellar thrashing around on Netscape Composer and Fetch). If anyone is interested enough to look (and it is pretty amateurish as I have not studied in depth the HTML book that Gary Edwards was kind enough to let me have), I reckon that any problems with the photos are mine, not the lens'.

The top left photo was taken without a flash, but for the others I used a T32 on a BGII to try to avoid the shadow that this lens casts when focussing close. It can go to 1:1 without any extra extension, but the front is a long way from the camera in that condition.

If anyone is interested enough to look, I am happy for them to offer advice on HTML stuff. I accept that the top left photo is slightly soft, perhaps out of focus, but I used 1/1000 and f5.6 on Fuji MS100/1000 set for ISO400, rather than go for the depth of field - it was a windy day and the flowers were dancing around somewhat. I should have liked to use fill-in flash on each of them, but the synch speed prevent my doing that. Next time, perhaps I will use a slower film to let the flash freeze the action. On the other hand, I do like the softness of the first one.

Finally, does anyone know the name of the purple tulip?

Really finally, it is a lovely day, the garden is lush and the beer is cold, so I am off to read Gary's HTML book (honestly Gary :>)).

Happy Bank Holiday to those in the UK not on the roads...

Chris

--
~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker