Re: [OM] Temporary copy stand work?

Subject: Re: [OM] Temporary copy stand work?
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:39:00 -0400
Thanks to everyone for their advice and opinions!

Fortunately I'm one of the two people in the family that¹s even interested
in these prints.  That means I can hold on to them for as long as I need to
(they're technically mine now...) and do this right.

I am without a copy stand at the moment but I'm looking into buying or
possibly building one.

It looks like I will most likely go with the 6x6 for most of the project and
I'm going to try and pick up some extension tubes on *bay for my Kowa.

The OM will be used though, as I have access to a 35mm film scanner in the
newspaper office here at school (as well as a full and rarely used darkroom,
they do LOTS of digital).

I'd take Tom up on his offer to borrow a macro 50mm, but I wouldn't want to
separate him from one of his lenses for too long.

IF I can talk my father into sending me his 4x5 graflex (ironically
inherited from the relative that made these prints) I will spend some time
making some truly archival negatives.  Printing these myself would be a
problem at the moment as 6x9 is the largest I can go right now.  But they'd
be around if ANYTHING happened to the originals.

So my plan is:

1. Scan those that I can fit onto the flatbed scanner.
2. Use the OM to make 35mm copy negs, scan those.
3. Use either the 4x5 or 6x6 for archival copies.

Its going to take me a while, but its going to be worth it.  I'll keep you
all updated...

Thanks again,

Mike