Re: [OM] Happy news, a new member to the family !!! :)

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy news, a new member to the family !!! :)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:00:49 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/01 1:01:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, o.greve@xxxxxxx
writes:

> It a _dawg_ alright, but a mighty, mighty good one! ;)))

You just can't beat a labrador retriever.  At the highland games this
weekend, I saw a chocolate lab that was a dead ringer for my lab, "Chocolate
Chip" (aka "Chip").  I got tears in my eyes wondering, "Could it be him?".
My ex talked me into giving that dog away.  I will NEVER give another lab
away.  EVER.  Magnificent dog.  Loyal unto death.

I envy you, Olaf.  Let her be in the house with you.  You won't be sorry.
When she gets to be about a year old, put a bird wing under her nose and
watch how she reacts.  It will crack you up.  Kind of amazing.

Rich

P.S.  Good series of books for dog raising/training: "Gun Dog", "Water Dog",
etc.  Forget the author's name.  You don't have to be a hunter to raise a
great dog from this series of books.  I highly recommend them.  It's obvious
he loves dogs.

P.P.S.  Be sure to get her a parvo virus vaccination, if she hasn't had it
yet.