Re: [OM] What is a fair price for a used Centurion?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is a fair price for a used Centurion?
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:38:02 +0200

Hej Per

That sounds like a pretty good price to me. We paid 1600 DKK (2000 SKR) for our
non-S version, which was LNIB with twelve months guarantee. The S gives mid-roll
change, but nothing else extra. They seem to have disappeared from the new
market now in Denmark. My wife uses ours, and takes great pictures. For a
day-to-day camera, it has many advantages, especially very light weight for an
SLR, and date/time stamping on the back of all pictures. It makes a great
backpacking camera. A real minus is the increased cost of film processing. a
40-exposure film costs (full-price) 140 DKK from Kodak (the best APS processors
in DK), and is not often discounted. 35mm processing costs 50-80 kr, with 50 kr
being adequate normally. But the APS prints are presented very nicely.
If I was offered an extra Centurion for 800 DKK (ca. 1000 SEK), I would buy it.

mvh / regards
Roger Key

Hello folks.

There has been a used Centurion APS ZLR for sale on the net the last year or so
here in
Sweden. Asking price was at first 1.800 SKR (~170-175 USD), but now he's gone
down to
1.200 SKR (~115 USD). I've had some contact per phone with him, so I know it's
still the
same guy with the same camera. Now, what do you think guys? Should I wait a
little more,
or...? The camera is in good condition AFAIK, but "unfortunately" it's the older
black
version (w/o the "S").

Regards,

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden

P.S. No, I won't tell the url... D.S.  ;-))