Re: [OM] new user

Subject: Re: [OM] new user
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:55:08 -0400
Welcome to the list!

I shot the wedding of a classmate (my first wedding) about eight years after I started doing photography. The flash malfunctioned returning all photos way underexposed. I have never seen the classmate again! The camera was an OM 1 but the flash was not OM.

Only do this if you really have to. You need time to study wedding photos others have taken and time to practice for yourself. Your assessment of the shadows is correct. So is your choice of film, especially the Portra 160 for flash. I have never used the 400 but do like the look of the 160 even without flash.

If you are really going to do this, get an assistant who can help you position the participants and round up people for the next shots to help utilize time better. Weddings are a pressure situation, both because of the one-time-only nature of the shot, and for the time constraints put on you.

Gregg