Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall

Subject: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 19:04:17 +0000
At 18:31 9/2/01, you wrote:
I was just playing around at the mall a week or so ago.  Finally got the
images scanned.  Not very many worthwhile shots, but a few I ended up
thinking were ok.  This was my first cut at my TOPE entry (the mall is the
definition of America, isn't it).  Not sure I'll use any of these, but it
was fun.  Just standard Fuji 400, handheld, available light.  Mostly the
135/2.8.

Tom, you got some decent "street shooting" in these, or in this case it's "mall shooting." Street shooting is not easy; it's downright difficult. There's near zero control of anything in the environment (even without the mall rent-a-cops). Fleeting moments are just about all there are.

A suggestion for the "Sir, Sir, I told you, the store is closed" shot: Crop the right and left sides and make it a vertical photograph.

Feel good about them, Tom.  You did well and got some good candids.

-- John