Re: [OT][OM] An interesting invitation

Subject: Re: [OT][OM] An interesting invitation
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:05:25 +0800
Yes, you are right, Nikon's LED technologies is very sensitive to dust
and scratch, a lots of test report shown that other scanner use
fluorescent tube is better in this area.

For my LS2000 if you scan slides at max resolution, ICE will soften
the image (reduce resolution). But for negative there is no softening
noticeable. The softening effect is less with Vuescan, but the scratch
removal is also not as effective as Nikon's original software.

C.H.Ling