Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:00:15 -0700
On 6 Nov 2001, at 19:47, Tom Scales wrote:

> Actually I do believe this.  I worked hard putting myself through a good
> school. I worked full-time, on the graveyard shift and went to a tough
> school, Rice University, during the day. I paid for it all, school,
> apartment, everything.

Me, too, after having dropped out of high school (or, to be more
accurate, having been kicked out for being an asshole).  After two years
doing scum work, I finally figured out there were better ways to earn a
living.  While working full-time (I've supported myself since I was 14), I
finished high school, completed 3 years of university (never did get a
degree, though), and completed a certificate program in health
administration.

I certainly *don't* consider myself rich by any stretch of the imagination,
although I have lived comfortably most of my adult life (there were a few
scary times in there, over the years).  I busted my ass for years,
sacrificing *alot* to raise four kids, not to mention support a (now-ex)
wife who loved the finer things in life (and *still* demands more every
chance she gets, even though she's getting the max provided for by law).

So, now, I've decided it's MY turn to enjoy the fruits of MY labor!  If that
means I "waste" money on something *I* want (whether it's camera gear
or overly expensive ice cream), so what???  After all, it's MY money!  I
work(ed) for it, and I'll do with it as I damned well please!

> And today, just because I wanted it, I bought an E-20.

GOOD FOR YOU, TOM!  I hope you enjoy it!  Be sure to tells us all
'bout what you like (and don't like) about it, and share some of the
results!  I, for one, am HAPPY you're able to enjoy the fruits of your
labor....  vette, E-20 and all!

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca