Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:59:26 +0800
Well speak and quite details analysis. Yes, it would be great if
Olympus DC lenses has a little larger image circle that can match the
further (at least near future) Kodak CCDs. I think a 10MP CDD with low
noise level at ISO800 is enough for me to replace the film system. I
also worry if there will be many third party lens supplier interested,
the price of such DC (e.g. at USD2K level) is still high, not many
people can afford, it is not a $3-400 SLR.

The manufacturing cost of smaller lens and even camera will be cheaper
for sure, even not now, but soon in near future. When technologies is
there, the cost of any product can be reduced by reducing the size.

C.H.Ling