[OM] Finished with eBay?

Subject: [OM] Finished with eBay?
From: "John Cwiklinski" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:12:05 -0800
I think I'm going to quit buying on eBay. All over 19.99 USD
I've been in dispute w/ a seller (crazyterrier) for 45 days now and have
even filed a police report (Bothell, Washington) for theft. [Since I live
in Portland, Oregon and am referencing eBay, the (Bothell, Wa) cops
thought this was rather amusing. So do I, actually!]
I bought a Vivitar 70-150 f3.8 (OM mount) for 19.99 USD described as mint.
When I received, it was clear as soon as I pulled it out of the box that a
bad modification had been attempted. Someone tried to place an OM mount on
this lens, without success. The aperture ring wouldn't turn, the mount
assembly was loose and the DOF button did nothing. All I could do was
place the lens on an OM camera. After lengthy E-mail exchanges, I agreed
to return the lens (first) for a refund. I have an E-mail trail a mile
long from the seller stating how honest they are. I've been waiting for 30
days now for the refund in the mail.
I am in the process of having them removed as a seller from eBay.
This isn't the first time I have been burned on eBay.
Like everyone else on this list who buys on eBay, all we (buyers) expect
to buy is how the item is described. Nothing more, nothing less.