[OM] Bounce Grip info required

Subject: [OM] Bounce Grip info required
From: Chris Linek <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:22:07 +1000
Hi Zuikophiles

Garage Sale near me has an Olympus Bounce Grip for sale. I'm interested in adding this to my collection, but know virtually nothing about them.

What are the advantages of having one?
Why is there a battery compartment in the "handle" ?
What is a good price? And what is a FANG price?
Is there anything I should look for that could be faulty.

There is an extractable cable running in a groove underneath that looks to plug into a socket in my OM2sp, is this correct? And if this is where it goes, what is its function?

There is a three-pin connector socket at the top of the outside of the "handle" what is this for? Also appears to be a three-pin jack where the flash goes into the hot shoe. What is that for?

There are scoring marks on the hot shoe so I guess it's been used.

I hate to admit such ignorance, but I'm sure this is the best place to get enlightenment.

Cheers and TIA

Chris Linek
The Snappy Australian
http://www.SnappyAustralian.com
Digital Cameras, Films & Photographic Equipment
Specials: http://www.SnappyAustralian.Com/Christmas.html