Re: [OM] Unexpected Surprises

Subject: Re: [OM] Unexpected Surprises
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:07:39 +0000
Big plant John, and good shots.

Chris

At 23:59 +0000 16/1/02, John A. Lind wrote:
A few days after the New Year, I went to a friend's home to show he and his wife the basics of making macro-photographs of flowers. He has a studio out of which he does weddings and portraiture, but he had never this type of "still life" before. Mostly, his wife wants to do some artistic work. The benefit was being able to play with his studio lights again and I struck a deal that whatever I shot could be used in exhibition. :-)

Took the OM-1n which still had a half-roll of Portra 400NC in it (would have liked to use 160NC but didn't have any), the extension tubes, and the 50/1.4, 85/2, 135/2.8 and 200/4 lenses. Turn out the flower his wife wanted to photograph is and amaryllis in full bloom. These was not the small house plant I was expecting; it stands almost 3 feet tall! [My other half's idea of house plants are African violets.]

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, England.