Re: [OM] Winder 2 NOISE !

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 NOISE !
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:48:30 -0500
<<<I would guess the winder is 2x as loud or more. The
sound out of a winder two is a lot more ratchety and
mechanical whereas the MD1 has a bit more of a sliding
sound not at all as disturbing. In a silent room a
winder 2 would be startling while the MD1 would not I
don't think.>>>

I would agree with that assessment.  I use MD1s and MD2s exclusively.  I
keep a couple Winder 2s around as backups, since nearly all my MD1s are beat
to hell and my NiCds can be tempermental.
In any case, they are much quieter...but certainly nowhere near a
wunderbrick.

--p.j.