Software Piracy (was: Re: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron / Photosh

Subject: Software Piracy (was: Re: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron / Photoshop)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:20:50 +0100 (CET)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

I would kindly urge that this list not be used for trading "software
piracy" related material. Even if it is in form of WWW-references etc., I
still consider it to be inappropriate (not to mention off-topic) for this
list.

It may even be illegal to post and host such information, and thereby be a
source of troubles for the organization hosting the mailinglist. Noone, I
am sure, intends that.

So let's "keep our hands clean" ;)

On the topic of "free" photo manipulation software, try the
gimp: http://www.gimp.org. That's not only free - you get the source code
and are encouraged to spread it.....

--thomas

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Larry wrote:

> Yeah, and you spent enough on that computer system. Enjoy the full Photoshop
> 6 at this guy's website:
>
> http://XXXXX.XXXXXX.com/pub/game/ps60.zip
>
> I don't think you'll need the serial #, but:
> xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxx
>
> Alternate:
> http://xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com/cgi-bin/tmpl.pl?ps6
>
> Larry
>
> Bill Owens wrote:
>
> > > maybe I should get Photoshop now.  I'm such an
> > > old retro fart, though, I still consider it cheating.
> > >
> > > Walt Wayman
> >
> > Look at it this way..It's no more cheating than using dodge and burn and
> > different paper grades in a wet darkroom ;-0
> >
> > Bill  KG4LOV, WPRS983
> > wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)