RE: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron for Zuiko Images

Subject: RE: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron for Zuiko Images
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:47:31 -0800
I'd go for the flat panel, without question. Much higher contrast, easier to
read and more stable over time. It should also last longer; although that's
a theory that remains to be proven, as most are too new. That of course, is
without even considering the space savings and power savings over the CRT.

Many of the recent flat panels include calibration software (and hardware
for some as well), so I don't believe this to be the issue it once was. If I
weren't up to my neck in Olympus purchases lately, I'd be looking for one
myself.

Check out a site that offers a number from different vendors and compare
them. I think you'll find it's not difficult at all to locate one that has
the right hardware and software to handle good calibration, without paying a
premium price. If I remember correctly, many of the Viewsonics have just
that. Amazon.com has quite a selection and it's reasonably easy to compare
them there. Also check cnet.com and do a web search for a reseller in
California (can't remember it's name/URL) in the 909 area code. They have
MANY available and the site was excellent to use as an overview.

---
Scott Gomez