Re: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity

Subject: Re: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity
From: "Tim Helps" <thelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:45:22 +0930
Cc: <Olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Re: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity

Hi Lisa,

I live 180 degrees on the other side of the planet from you in a "city"
called Adelaide in Australia. Adelaide is about 1 million pop. The
climate here is very mediteranian which is good for my Zuikos as they
are unlikely to develop fungus.

I have owned my OM4 and 40mm f2 from new (1986) and have had many Zuikos
some new, many used over the years. The only other glass I have and need
is a 100mm f2.8 but want and will buy my 4th?, 5th? 21mm f3.5. I have
owned ... 16mm (bought new) a 21 f2, 28 f2.8, 28 f2, 50 f1.8, 50 f1.4,
50 f3.5, 85, 135 f3.5 (I dropped it onto concrete), 200 f4. All these
are gone and my vision is clearer with the 40 and 100. The 21 will be
for the fun of it. I've only owned a few OM bodies, being OM20, OM2n and
a OM1 for a while. During the last 20 years I have owned buckets of
other camera gear, EOS1s, Leica R4, Nikon 801, F90s etc etc. but I
always sell em up and repack the OM4. I recall my first roll of film
from the OM4, all 36/36 frames exposed were spot on (pun intended).
Until the OM4 nothing helped me get the exposures how I wanted them.

My photography is mostly landscapes and streetscapes. I had a period of
car photography for a while and of course do the ususal family photos.
Many of my landscapes I like but my wedding photos are crap. Never hire
me if you are getting married!! Adelaide and South Australia is a real
challenge for photography, it seems there is nothing to photograph, but
with patience unique images can be found.

Digital... I confess to buying a Pentax Optio 330. Its a little gem. Has
its faults (poor battery life) but the images cost nix. Yay.

Wants: a Contax T3 and a Mamyia 6. And of course, a sample of every
Zuiko!

Tim