Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?

Subject: Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:05:58 +0100
 Dan,
          I try to develop films regularly so as not to get a backlog. Do a
set of contacts ,and examine with a loupe or magnifying glass. Ruthlessly
discard no hopers,then pick a few for enlargement. I often "play around"
with these prints in the enlarger selecting different areas and formats. I
also change the exposure time and filtration. Like everything else you get a
"feel" for the image you are after.Sometimes I will spend hours printing and
reprinting 3 or 4 images from a roll of film to get the images I want. I
think its worth it to get the images to look the way I want them to look. I
would suggest you pick a few of your shots and experiment.......Have fun,

John Duggan Wales, U.K.