Re: [OM] 28mm f2.8 vignetting...thanks Gary

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.8 vignetting...thanks Gary
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:30:19 -0400
> The data for the 28mm f2.8 lens shows a vignetting grade
> of C.  Most other lenses have a vignetting grade like, C at f2.8,
> A- thereafter.  Does this lens really have a severe vignetting
> problem?

I don't know about this specific lens, but Gary has said repeatedly that
some of his samples were not in mint condition and that sample variation
(even mint examples) is a very real factor.

BTW, I want to thank Gary for posting his eBay price history.  It is an
amazing collection of data, and we are fortunate to have it as a resource
along with other seminal web pages like Skip's, Hans' e-SIF, Mark's, Acer's,
the FAQ, Paul F's...and all the others who have, whether intentionally or
not, kept the OM system alive and kicking...albeit in the form of a strange
cult :-)

--p.j.