RE: [OM] Holy cow! ( long, but not sorry)

Subject: RE: [OM] Holy cow! ( long, but not sorry)
From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:36:26 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mike m.
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 3:57 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Mike,
Yes, I remember about 2-3 years ago there was a California dealer who
was known for his "priciness" on eB*y.  I dealt with him a few times,
and found the merchandise to be quite satisfactory.  Anyway, word got
out that he had a NIB Black 2N for sale.  I emailed him with an offer
but I was not aggressive enough, worrying "What's it REALLY worth"??
Well, somebody else got it and I have always regretted it. He sold it
for about $700.00. I was definitely "ready" for this opportunity!
Incidentally, KEH has a 40/2 for sale! Cheap at half the price! :)

Have a good one!
John

John,

if it makes you feel any better, I paid almost that much for a new 2N
back in 1980 at the height of the yen/dollar exchange rate. It's your
money, and money is made to be spent. It's a much better deal than
paying $500 and up for a 40mm f2.

Don't be sorry for getting what you want.

later,
mike m.