[OM] moose

Subject: [OM] moose
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 21:08:17 -0300
I was out for a short drive in the woods again this evening, and saw two
more moose, which were a little more cooperative than the ones I saw
yesterday. They did stay around until I got a couple pictures. However, I
was still limited to my longest lense right now, which is a 135/2.8, and
still couldn't get close enough to fill the frame more than about 1/3 with
the moose. Does anyone else here pursue photography of wild animals?
Does anyone have any experience hand holding a 300mm lens?  I'm wondering if
it is possible to get good sharp pictures with hand holding that length. A
tripod or even a monopod is really not practical most of the time as they
just aren't inclined to pose for long periods of time. They seem to be just
slightly more patient than my kids were, which is about 3 or 4 seconds.
Wayne