Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development
From: "Ian BManners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:59:05 +1000 (EST)
Hi Wayne

>I have got a new PC and find I cannot install the upgrade of
>MS-Frontpage I have (due to the fact that I don't have a version to

Pttthg.
Please, use any other package, Frontpage makes the most humungest
load of rubbish, regularly turns 5 lines of simple text into a 50KB size
file, so imagine what a website done in Frontpage would be like
size wise.

>upgrade from), so I'm looking at purchasing new software for website
>development.  I'm running Windows XP.  Does anyone have any
>recommendations ?  Should I just hack the HTML directly ?

I hand code everything, and/or use Mozilla, or some other thirdparty
HTML editor to create and size frames. Otherwise I use IBM's
WebSphere under AIX. I've heard good things about Hot Metal, and
and Macromedia Dreamweaver, though they are also prone to code
blout, neither is anywere as bad as Frontpage, and both make
code that is a lot more standards driven than anything from MS.

Cheers
Ian B Manners