Re: [OM] OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:37:45 -0700
I think the war has already begun :-)

>One question about the Nikon. Can the Nikon tell you
>the difference in f stops in reflectance between two
>individuals with different complexions? Can it tell
>you the difference in f-stops between the left and
>right sides of a face when there is side lighting?

Actually yes it can, but maybe not as conveniently as the OM-4. In manual mode
with exposure mode
set to spot, the N80 displays  a horizontal bar graph in 1/2 f stops which is
very similar to the OM-4's.

Again, I am not making a blanket statement saying one is better than the other,
they have their
own merits. But when  it comes to getting a quick grab shot of  say a person
walking down the street, a
 modern autofocus SLR set in matrix/evaluative mode is extremely handy. And in
the majority
of cases the exposure is more than adequate.

-Tim