Re: [OM] The perfect chrome film

Subject: Re: [OM] The perfect chrome film
From: Sean Mooney <smooney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:43:20 -0700 (PDT)

Agreed.  I like the average results with 50 better.  I have
found,though, that occasionally I will get results that
are almost murky.  Those pictures are dark and very, very
saturated.   Usually, though, they are okay.  When I shoot
with 40 sometimes they are slightly overexposed, IMO.  Once
you have a feel for the film you can adjust to the situation,
and perhaps bracket accordingly.

-Sean
http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/home/smooney/
Stanford University

>>>  All this talk about velvia remind me a question: what is the iso
>>setting to
>>  > use? 50 is probably too much.
>
>ISO 40 was suggested by people who wanted the sharpness and fine
>grain of Velvia, but who did not care for the saturated colors.  I
>like the way Velvia looks most of the time and use ISO 50.  If you
>have a situation where you think things may become too saturated for
>your taste, you could always dial in a 1/3 stop more exposure with
>the compensation dial.
>
>You should try a roll at each speed and see which you like better.
>- --
>Winsor Crosby
>Long Beach, California

Sean Mooney, PhD