RE: [OM] flash bracket advice/wtb/long ramble

Subject: RE: [OM] flash bracket advice/wtb/long ramble
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:35:47 -0600
Wayne,

Sounds like you were living dangerously that day. There are many flash
extenders available through Porter's Camera for one. I have two that I like.
The Stroboframe is well made by the Saunders Group. It is short but has a
hinged flash mounting arm and a nice padded hand grip. The Siegelite is
double hinged and extends from about 12 inches to 24 inches above the
camera. Another approach is to put the flash on a separate column attached
to the tripod using a Bogen Superclamp with a flexible arm and flash shoe
adapter. The Bogen assembly is more expensive but also more versatile as
long as you are using a tripod or other camera support.  /jim