Re: [OM] over exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] over exposure
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:42:54 +0100
I've done exactly the same thing, more than once, and have always found that the prints came out fine, without any pulling at the development stage. Most negative films have sufficient latitude to cope with two stops overexposure. Lucky you weren't using slides!

Roger

Don wrote:

I just finished taking pictures of my grand son's foot ball team. I noticed that I had the film speed of my OM2S set at 100 and had 400 speed Portra film in the camera. In addition, I held the exposure to the plus side in the view finder when shooting.

Question, can the over exposure be corrected during printing or are the shots ruined? I saw the error after about 20 or so exposures, and then corrected the setting. Most of the shots were taken in natural light, but the last 5 or 6 exposures were used in the auto mode with a flash after resetting the film speed to 400.

Thanks for any advise

Don Gaikins