Re: [OM] Epson Clogs (was OM Black & White/digital)

Subject: Re: [OM] Epson Clogs (was OM Black & White/digital)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:15:35 -0600
At 05:31 PM 3/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:

The only time my Epson (Stylus Color 760) clogged was when I didn't use it to print for several weeks. Took many repeated cleaning cycles to get it up and running again. Was about to give up and resign myself to taking it to a service center when some ink finally started to show on the page. Took another 6 - 10 cycles to get full function restored.

At the risk of "Big Fat Greek Wedding" jokes: try Windex. If you can't get a good test pattern after two cleaning cycles, put about 6 drops of Windex (got an eyedropper somewhere?) on the pad that the print head rests on. Turn the machine off and let is work for an hour or two or overnight. Run a cleaning cycle and test print when you start it up again.

One thing I suspect in the case especially of non-OEM carts is that folks are not getting clogs but bubbles. The symptoms are the same.

Joel W.