Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:06:47 +0000
On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:04:29 -0500, "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Those customers
>will now have to scan both sides of their credit card with a good quality
>flatbed and send me a fully legible jpeg of both sides of the card. The name
>on the card MUST be the same as the person buying or you can forget it!

Having once been the victim of a very nasty credit card scam emanating
from the USA, I would be very wary indeed about scanning my card and
sending it to anyone via open email. I know, from many years of his
contributions to this forum, John H is a great guy: I admire him
tremendously and his own honesty is beyond question, but what's to
stop my card details from getting into the wrong hands?

Are there no crooks in the US and Canada anyway? My experience
suggests there are.  Once bitten, many times shy.

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)