Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Stolen E-20N
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:39:22 -0500
It seems more common for a fraud to be committed across an ocean, as
tracking the person down or going after him is much more difficult.   If
someone hacks into a major computer (as happened here in the US a few weeks
ago, the story I read said the hacker had access to 40 million cc numbers)
all bets are off. Everyone is exposed when that happens. Sure, there are
tons of crooks in the US,  people should be scrutinizing their cc statements
closely.
I've already changed my site.  For now, atleast, I won't even take a scanned
credit card for outside the US shipments (unless the customer has a past
history with me. )  Now it's bank check only.
One guy from way outside the US wrote me and said he wanted me to supply his
"store" with E-20s.  He needed 4 right away.  Sure, send a Bank check.
Never heard from him again, and THAT'S okay.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000