Re: [OM] Provia at 800, was Yearly model shots 2003

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia at 800, was Yearly model shots 2003
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:30:33 +0000
Thanks Moose.  I have a feeling that you are right about the voltage;
it was very cold outdoors on that day.

Chris

At 19:50 -0800 09/03/03, Moose wrote:
The chance of a Zuiko lens and the mirror engaging in a physical
contretemps seems infinitesimally remote. Other than something
serious, it certainly sounds like batteries. Did you actually check
these batteries for voltage? Silver oxides? If it were a 'double
digit' body, I'd say if it isn't batteries, it's sticky magnet
syndrome. I have heard that, although rare, this can strike single
digit bodies too. You might also try cleaning the battery contacts
and 'exercising' the mode, shutter speed and iso dials.

Moose

Chris Barker wrote:

Has anyone else had a problem with the 50-250 on an OM4?  My mirror
jammed up occasionally, only to release after anything up to a
minute.  I had new batteries in and the problem seemed to be sorted
out by using manual shutter speeds.  I began to wonder if the
mirror was engaging with the rear of the lens, but I could see no
witness marks on either mirror or lens.

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker