RE: [OM] To buy or not to buy

Subject: RE: [OM] To buy or not to buy
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:00:15 -0500
At 07:09 AM 4/2/03, you wrote:

Charles,
Sorry for the delay, I am in a digest mode.
There is someone on da bay that sells them for $120, he has about 9 of them
and the auction is ending I a few days.  You are lured with a "free 100X24
film"....
I am not sure if I am going to buy now.  The meter of my OM1 died, so I sent
it to the camera doctor (four weeks today...).  I have heard that OM2000 is
a horrible camera, but that contradicts with what I read about it in the
last few days.  If I had known what I know now, I would have bought one and
postponed the OM1 CLA.  Also, I need to sit back a little and think about my
addiction, in one week I have bought two Zuikos and to top that with a
camera...good that the wife is still supportive, but this might wear thin
soon.
Lama, sorry for the dead meter, did you replace the camera with another
unit?
Cheers,
Boris

Boris,

Well, I can certianly understand this, having just last week purchased two OM-1 bodies to go with my OM-2 and OM-2n. My wife just shakes her head and mumbles under her breath.

Charles