Re: [OM] Dumb things you do with a camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Dumb things you do with a camera
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:07:09 -0400
That self-timer certainly is an "error-likely" feature. My favorite trick
has been to set it (e.g. for macro, which I do a lot), forget about it,
later go for a grab shot, stare at a beeping black viewfinder, and swear.
I'd be happy to do a vocabulary exchange - I could use some new ones.

I'm slowly burning-in the habit of taking the timer off as I "take down"
after tripod shooting.

That said, I haven't done this while loading HIE. From previous experience
fogging HIE, I'd suspect that frames in the later part of the roll will be
fine. Fool around at first, perhaps doing tests of different scenes or
different exposures. Get more serious later in the roll (say, after 1st
third).

Or treat the whole roll as a test roll. Not a bad idea anyway with a first
roll of such a different film. But don't toss it.

Andrew