Re: [OM] Re: digital image [was New E-1]

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: digital image [was New E-1]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:20:08 -0700
You could scan the grain of a blank frame of a film with a grain pattern you like, and add that subtly in PS. That's a form of noise that we are used to and often like. Possibly serious answer to a smileyface.

Moose

C.H.Ling-Accura wrote:

Talking about noise, I found that in this one or two years on most of the ads (both hard prints and TV) on women cosmetics, most of them looks nothing close to "real". You cannot see any skin imperfection and there are no hairs on the face. They look absolutely no life to me, just like a computer generated face, they are really terrible! I believe they have went through some software noise reduction (or skin perfection) softwares. Although I usually won't do any software noise reduction but I started to feel the extremely low noise of 10D makes the prints look unreal, time to investigate on the noise adding filters :-)