[OM] Re: Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:59:16 -0000
On this subject, guys, I have a small question.  I have Photoshop Elements
(v2 I think) that came free with my scanner.  It has a nice function called
"Colour Cast Removal" or something whereby you can show it what white is, or
black, or even grey, and it will colour balance the picture for you (usually
pretty well !).  I normally choose white, for what it's worth, as I find
this gives best results.

Now, Elements doesn't support the 16-bits/channel.  For other reasons I
upgraded to Photoshop v7.  This is all very well, and does a lot of great
stuff, but I can't find this simple colour-cast removal function within the
full version of Photoshop !  Is it deemed too "simple" and they have
included a much more "manual" way of doing it ?  Am I just being daft and
missing something ?

Thanks,

Jon